Mapping out Baseball Season 2007: Mindjet Wants to “Take YOU out to the Ballgame”
It’s official! Baseball just kicked off its 2007 season and fans know Spring is in the air when they start to smell the green grass, hear the crack of the bat and taste the mouth-watering flavor of garlic fries (world famous at the Giant’s AT&T Park, anyway). Real fans will have their gloves in one hand and their team’s hope of reaching the World Series in their hearts.
Since baseball season is by far my favorite season of the calendar year (smiles), I thought I’d kick things off with a MindManager map that shows you how I keep track of my favorite team MLB team. It even comes complete with RSS feeds- so I can keep up to date on the team’s latest press releases. (Hint: to update RSS feeds on a MindManager map, just hit SHIFT+F5 when you’ve got your map displayed. Look for instructions on how to create your own RSS feeds in a MindManager map within the application by doing a “RSS Feeds” search by going to: Help:Mindjet MindManager Help or look for our instructional map in the next Mindjet Newsletter)
Download our SF Giant’s 2007 map for ideas:
SF Giants Map
Then create your OWN and enter our “Mindjet Takes YOU out to the Ballgame” contest.
How would YOU map out your favorite team facts, history, press releases, associated sports blogs, interviews, pictures of your favorite players, your team’s 2007 schedule and more?
The only limitation to an amazing baseball map will be the constraints of your imagination.
Email your map to Mindjet at: email@example.com and tell us the story of you and your favorite baseball team. We’d love to know how you became a fan! Feel free to include pictures in your map of your favorite players or maybe even yourself at the ballpark. Just make sure to use MindManager to tell your story. Entry deadline is MAY 9, 2007 by Midnight, PST.
If you don’t already own MindManager, creating your map is simple: Just download your own free 21 day trial.
Contest Winner will be given a $150 gift certificate to use towards purchasing tickets to a game (or games) of his/her favorite baseball team.
One grand prize winner will be selected. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. In the event that the winner’s baseball franchise doesn’t offer a gift certificate purchasing option, Mindjet will award the winner a check to use towards the purchasing of his/her tickets.
How will Entries be Judged?
The winning map will demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with MindManager, including product features and formatting options. It will tell a great story about the applicant’s love for chosen baseball team and demonstrate both the applicant’s creativity and passion for subject. The winning map will be easy to navigate and provide relevant and up-to-date information for the chosen baseball team that is simple to access.
– One entry per person, please.
– Entries must be submitted in MindManager (.mmap) format. No purchase is necessary to enter, you may download a MindManager trial version if you don’t already own it.
– Contest prize awarded only towards gift certificate purchase for baseball team of choice. If gift certificate is not available from franchise of winner’s choice, a check will be awarded in the sum of $150.00 in the name of winner, to use for purchase of tickets.
– Entries must be emailed by contest deadline, no exceptions.
– Winner selection is final and subject to the opinions of Mindjet Corporation, based on the judging criteria listed above (see “How will Entries be Judged?”)
– Sorry, contest is not open to employees of Mindjet Corporation