MindManager Tip – Add Image Folders to MindManager
Not all the tips that we Mindjetters have to offer you come from people internally. This particular tip comes from some folks over at the MindManager Enthusiasts LinkedIn group. Sometimes you just want to liven up your maps with some images that you have stored. Thanks to the valuable insights they gave myself and the groups I can share with you how to do it.I have a couple different ways of adding image folders into your posts as there were different ways offered up by our three wise men.
First, Brian Hunt, shared with us how he imports his Microsoft Clip Art folder into MindManager 8 for Windows:
- Open the library tab and right click on Images.
- Select New Folder.
- Right click on the new folder and select Add Image.
- From the Select Image dialogue, select the MS clip art folder – mine was at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\CLIPART\PUB60COR
- Select the images you want and click on Insert.
Second, Ary Velstra, shared a different way of importing images and files:
There is another option Mindjet provides to include image or icon etc folders in your MindManager libraries.
- Under the MIndjetlogo go to MindManager Options
- Select Package folders
- Click New and browse for the folder you wish to include
- Select what type it is and it is available where you expect it.
Third, Andrew Wilcox, knower of all things MindManager, shared with us a video that he created on the subject:
For even more images check out the Mindjet Image Library.
Have more tips? Leave a comment or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org