A visual map is a way to take an idea or concept and transform it into a visual aid for better understanding. Using a series of main ideas that branch into more specific ones, visual maps allow you to see complex information laid out in front of you for a more comprehensive understanding.
What is a Visual Map?
Download MindManager and Start Visual Mapping Today!
Why use visual maps?
Traditional note taking relies too much on text. When people are able to see images and information that flow into similar topics, the brain is able to comprehend that data better.
This not only improves understanding, but you’re able to remember and recall the information much more accurately.
Why you should use MindManager as your visual mapping software
1. More Powerful Sharing with HTML5
2. Powerful Integrations – With apps like, Asana, Google Docs, Google Docs, Box, or OneDrive
3. Better Project Planning & Management
4. More Visual – With over 700 topic images added to the Image Library
5. More Convenient – Quickly store, retrieve, and share MindManager files using simplified file management
MindManager is one of the best visual map creators on the market. With the powerful features and tools listed above and many more you will be creating visual maps in no time!
How to make a visual map
1. With a central idea in mind, put it down as your starting point.
2. Arrows and lines represent branches that lead to more specific ideas. These can then branch into even more specific ideas.
3. Your branches should be labeled with keywords that create connections between similar ideas.
4. Utilize a variety of colors for your branches so your brain can correlate different trains of thought.
5. Adding images throughout your map makes it easier to quickly process the information being shown.
Get started fast with templates!
MindManager comes pre-installed with many templates for you to choose from. To use these templates:
1. Open MindManager
2. Click NEW in the navigation menu
3. Select the template you want to use
4. A preview screen will appear, check to if you want to use your selected template
5. Select Create Map
6. Customize the template for your specific project