Mindjet Looks to Expand Upon Record 2010 Success with Strategic Executive AppointmentsMindjet Looks to Expand Upon Record 2010 Success with Strategic Executive Appointments
Leading Information Visualization Provider Taps Valerie Burman as New Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategic Alliances and Promotes Abe Smith to Vice President of Sales Americas/APAC and Global CSS
San Francisco, Calif. – May 4, 2011 – Mindjet®, the leading provider of software and web-based applications for visually organizing and managing information and ideas, announced key executive appointments of Valerie Burman, as vice president of corporate development and strategic alliances, and Abe Smith, who was promoted to vice president of Americas/APAC sales and global customer service and support. The strategic executive appointments provide key expertise to extend the company’s revenues and customer acquisitions beyond their record-setting success achieved in 2010, achieving the top Q4 sales in the company’s history and increasing adoption to 1.8 million paid users. In addition to their divisional responsibilities, both Valerie and Abe will join the executive management team.
More about Valerie Burman:
- Valerie Burman, vice president of corporate development and strategic alliances, is charged with broadening Mindjet’s strategic relationships and business partnerships to expand the company’s leadership position.
- Previously, Valerie was vice president of technology partner management at SAP®, where she managed a portfolio of strategic partnerships that drove significant co-innovation and revenue for the company. Prior roles at SAP included vice president of business development and vice president of business user strategy.
- At Business Objects® (acquired by SAP in 2007), Valerie led strategic initiatives and spearheaded corporate third party licensing.
- Before SAP, Valerie spent eight years at Lehman Brothers® with increasing responsibility that culminated in her role as senior vice president of technology mergers and acquisitions.
- Valerie holds a Juris Doctor from Stanford Law School and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of California at Berkeley.
More about Abe Smith:
- As vice president of Americas/APAC and global customer service and support, Abe Smith is responsible for increasing the speed and efficiency of Mindjet’s sales and customer support processes.
- In his previous role at Mindjet, Abe was vice president of sales for the Americas region where he established the go-to-market sales strategy for the region and grew sales by 40% in the first six months under his management. In 2010, Abe’s team increased sales by 50% year-over-year.
- Previously, Abe held both domestic and international leadership roles with SaaS pioneer, WebEx® Communications (acquired by Cisco®). At WebEx, he was part of the core management team that innovated SaaS-based selling to grow revenues from sub-$50M to more than $500M in revenue culminating in the $3.2B acquisition by Cisco. During his tenure, Abe was chartered with growing business in the Americas and leading international expansion into the emerging markets, increasing revenues from $5M to nearly $50M in just three years.
- Prior to that, he held senior management positions at VisionPlanner.com and Petrofsky’s International.
- Scott Raskin, CEO: “Valerie Burman is a key hire who will help us build upon our tremendous success through her proven business development skills and impressive track record at increasing sales through strategic alliances and targeted partnerships.”
- Valerie Burman, vice president of corporate development and strategic alliances: “As a market leader with significant momentum, Mindjet is well-positioned for exponential growth in a market that is expanding to include an increasingly-mainstream global user base. I look forward to building strategic partnerships that deliver leading-edge co-innovation to further accelerate adoption.”
- Scott Raskin, CEO: “Since joining Mindjet almost two years ago, Abe has been instrumental in building and successfully leading the Americas and APAC sales teams, an integral part of our record setting success in 2010. Having seen his impressive accomplishments at Mindjet, I’m confident of the significant impact he’ll have on both the sales and CSS teams.”
- Abe Smith, vice president of Americas/APAC and Global CSS: “Mindjet is poised to extend the success that was achieved in 2010. As markets continue to rebound, demand for Mindjet’s business productivity solutions is accelerating as business professionals look to better harness information for business use.
- Valerie Burman’s bio: http://www.mindjet.com/about/management
- Valerie Burman’s LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/burmanval
- Abe Smith’s bio: http://www.mindjet.com/about/management
- Abe Smith on LinkedIn®: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/abe-smith/1/466/517
- Mindjet Blog: http://blog.mindjet.com/
- Mindjet on Facebook®: http://www.facebook.com/mindjet
- Mindjet’s YouTube® Channel: http://www.youtube.com/mindjet
- More Mindjet news: http://www.mindjet.com/media-center
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business professionals visually organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading software and online services centered on information mapping, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualization technology to improve the usability of leading business applications. Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's® 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products, and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners.